2020 Schedule of Events
Lectures are at 7:00 PM at the DCHS, Robbins Heritage Museum -- the time and location of other events are as described below.
The Robbins Heritage Museum is located at: 1003 Greenway Drive, Cambridge, MD
- Jan 9: Trustees' meeting, Robbins Heritage Center on Thursday at 4:00 PM
- Feb 5: "James Island Memories" by Lee Newcomb .....Program at Robbins Heritage center, Wednesday at 7:00 pm..Everyone's welcome..
- Mar 4: "Another Look at the Dorchester Volunteers in the Civil War" by Dr. Phillip Hesser, .....Program at Robbins Heritage center, Wednesday at 7:00 pm..Everyone's welcome
- Apr 2: Trustees' meeting, Robbins Heritage Center on Thursday at 4:00 PM --------POSTPONED
- May 6 -"Memoir of a Skipjack", by Randolph George, ....Program at Robbins Heritage center, Wednesday at 7:00 pm..Everyone's welcome. --- POSTPONED
This message is to inform everyone that the South Dorchester Folk Museum (SDFM) has suspended it's monthly programs and all meetings until further notice.. The pandemic situation makes it too difficult for us to carry out our activities until it becomes safer for us to do so.. Current members will have their membership dues credited for the year when we resume operation.. However, we will continue our scholarship program in 2021, awarding $1,000 to a candidate from South Dorchester for suppport for college in the 2021-22 school year.. Trustees will be contacted regarding the possibility of a meeting by teleconference..Those who agree to participate will recieve an email with the proper links necessary to participate.. Trustees not participating will receive the minutes of this meeting by email or a telephone update.. Thank you all for your support through these trying times.. Stay safe.. Here's hoping that things return to normal in the near future... Sincerely, Terry Crannell, President, SDFM.....